Be the first to know: follow @hnnation on Twitter
Subscribe to Hacker News Nation
This week on Hacker News Nation, Quora in the next YC batch, Amazon patents the white background, and Chris and Mattan offer you pennies for compliments!
Here are a few we liked…
- People are most likely to remember the first and last things to occur, but rarely the middle.
- If you work in a bar or in customer service of any kind…Put a mirror behind you at the counter.
- Once you make the sales pitch, don’t say anything else.
- If you ask someone a question and they only partially answer, just wait.
- Chew gum when you’re approaching a situation that would make you nervous like public speaking or bungee jumping.
- People will always remember not what you said but how you made them feel.
What do you think? Post a reply and let us know!